“The difference between the almost right word and the right word…’tis the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.” —Mark Twain
From magazines to dissertations to novels, bringing out the best in writers no matter the skill level, and shepherding a project to completion requires an attention to detail, a nurturing manner and a love of language. E-Squared Editorial Services takes your raw copy and helps you develop it, massage it, sculpt it into clear writing that conveys your message with depth.
Magazine Editorial Management
- Tone development
- Story budgets for each issue
- Building a freelance writer and photographer stable
- Assigning stories and sourcing photos/illustrations
- Editing stories for content, clarity, tone and information
- Fact checking
- Working with graphic designers
- Final proofreading and printer liaison
We review copy using a three-step process:
- We give your manuscript a top edit. We’ll read it several times to determine where the big holes are, what sections work and don’t work.
- We read your manuscript again, this time for language clarity. We’ll point out places where paragraphs are unorganized, word choice is not quite right, and dig deep into your prose.
- Our third read of your manuscript gets down and dirty: We’ll make sure each word of your manuscript is exactly right.
We have proofreaders on staff who can clean up your manuscript for publication. These eagle-eyed professionals can spot typos, misspellings and even formatting problems.